"MANAGED" HEALTH CARE and reactive medicine
Insurance companies and government agencies have managed to insert themselves between doctor and patient. As a result of this model, clinics are often incredibly busy, which pressures patients to wait and seek care only when they are very ill. This translates to less time with each patient at each encounter, increasing frustration, and an emphasis on reactive instead of proactive care. Many well-loved, well-established family physicians have become so disenchanted with this system that they've been pressured to retire in the prime of their careers.
With such a flawed system, it’s no wonder why it’s often impossible to speak directly with the doctor, why it’s difficult to schedule an appointment, why there are often long waits in the clinic, and why patients with complex medical problems often end up being seen by a staff member who is not a physician.
CONCIERGE FAMILY MEDICINE- A "RETAINER" MEDICAL PRACTICE
At Concierge Family Medicine (CFM) we are employed directly by our patients, so we are able focus all of our energy on them. Our small group of doctors and staff are committed to providing each patient with a proactive, overwhelmingly positive health care experience. In addition to urgent issues, we concentrate on early identification of potential health risks, aggressive management of those risks, wellness planning, and patient education.
Our unique approach at CFM makes it possible for us to provide the highest-quality, individualized patient care:
- A single annual fee guarantees our patients immediate access to excellent care as often as they wish throughout the year.
- We offer comprehensive, personalized medical care. We do not market any "sideline services" such as aesthetic procedures, alternative therapies, or dubious supplements.
- Our patients know that there will be no additional charges, so they are more likely to utilize the services available. Our patients:
- return faithfully for recommended followup visits, routine labs, etc
- come in annually for a thorough physical exam
- do not hesitate to call us 24/7 if they have an urgent question
- Our small practice guarantees patients the VIP attention they deserve.